Thursday, March 26, 2009

Places

And then I stopped working with time. I did a very interesting half day workshop with a performance artist named William Hunt, as part of the Excursions Performance Festival in Limerick. This was a great day because he asked one simple but effective question- "What would you be doing if you weren't making art?". And for me the answer was obvious...talking and discussing! HE also asked us where do we go when weve got nowhere to be....and this made it obvious to me that I am a procrastinator because I never seem to have somewhere to be and am always looking for a distraction!!! So I did a series of photos of some of the places I go to avoid admitting that Im not working!!!!!!!!!!
It was really interesting but again it had potential and I never pushed it!!! I started thinking about my headspace as the place I should go to i.e. I should look to myself for inspiration and help, not be dependant on others.



No comments:

Post a Comment